Dossier

My photo
My name is jeremy, and this is my blog. height: 6'3, weight: 231 Ib, green eyes, brown hair. I try to be a good person/man to everyone around me.. I give respect to those who warrant it or deserve it.. I'm a person of simple tastes. to past the time I don't mind reading, watching movies, working out, conversation, or listening to music

Friday, October 9, 2009

Today is Friday, what a sorrowful beginning it seems.

Friday, today....or at least the morning hasn't been bad at all. I'd say even...peaceful because of the cool weather, the school had a feeling of emptiness, but that was ok I suppose because I had the feeling that today would be a good day. My plan for the day wasn't long, just some simple cleaning here and there with some studying strewn out through the day to attain the feeling of accomplishing something :D. As I started driving to go home, I was listening to the radio, and something caught my attention. wait for it....

Obama had just won.....the Nobel Peace Prize, and became a part of the echelon of great people who have come before him to win the prize. Most notably, or to be honest what comes to mind at the heat of the moment for me, MLK Jr. who won it in 1964 deservingly.

Quoted from nobelprize.org news headline

"The Nobel Peace Prize goes to President Barrack Obama for his extraordinary efforts to strengthen international diplomacy and cooperation between peoples."

wow....really? He's been in office less than a year, hasn't really accomplished anything he has set out to do for the American people, however because of his efforts has been awarded the NPP. Does he deserve the NPP? Um no. Obama should have realized that he did nothing to earn it and gracefully denied the award, however he did nothing of the sort. Obama, as of late, has had great speeches promising wonderful reform for the country, and none of these promises have come to fruition...To even put him among the list of people who have earned it seems appalling to me, and disrespectful to those who have earned the NPP.

lets hope the rest of the day will go by more smoothly eh....

"What am I to do in a crazy world...where only the crazy people prosper, and the righteous/good people only seem to have a sliver of hope?" -little something that popped into my head atm, not really quoted from anyone other than myself.

music : none at the moment

No comments:

Post a Comment